Each of our plants is lovingly looked after & carefully delivered. We're here to provide all the tips & advice you need to care for your plant after purchase. With us you'll harness those green fingers in no time.
The Blumat self-watering system ensures your plants get just the right amount of water they need. Going on holiday? No need to worry! Just fill a vase or jug with water and pop in the Blumat system. Blumat sensors react to soil moisture. When the soil dries, the sensor’s valve opens, releasing water automatically. When the sensor’s moisture setting is reached, the valve closes and the watering stops.
How to use your Blumat self-waterer
1. Soak both the green cap and ceramic cone in water for 15 minutes.
2. Holding the cone underwater, knock out the air bubbles.
3. Push the ceramic cone completely into the soil, so just the green cap is visible.
4.Extra large plants should be provided with two or three cones.
5. Put the hose right to the bottom of a full container of water.
6. The level of water in the container should be level with or below the green cap.
Once a year, place the hose in hot water. Clean the inside of the ceramic cone with a brush.
If you're going to be away for a while, ensure your container has enough water. An average size plant uses 1/4L - 1L per week, depending on conditions.
Extra large plants should be provided with 2 or 3 cones.